[FC] '61 Rampside conversion explained

Gary Moore tdrinkr at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 12:02:48 EST 2011

I am switching engines in my Rampside, It already had a 164 cu.in. installed so I thought it would be simple. The PO used a flat rear engine mount bracket with two washers behind it. I was able to change the belt with this configuration, but I have reservations with this solution. I have found a 64 car bracket that was installed in a parts van with a 164, but evidently this is solution has its drawbacks too. Finding a 64-65 FC bracket is not the easiest thing.        Instead of washers would a spacer of flat metal cut to the shape of the shape of the '64 bracket where it makes contact with the engine  be a better compromise? The piece would cover all 4 bolts and be formed not to interfere with belt changing. Gary Moore