[FC] 140 in an FC ( air cleaners )

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 17:13:57 EDT 2011

i have most of a 140 in my rampy. i have not installed the secondary carbs
yet. i hope to design something "different" for air cleaners. I also have a
4  carb (not 140!) in a loadside here that will get the 4 small air
cleaners.   i have not looked at all clearance problems yet. i do know that i use a
shorter  chunk of rubber hose that Clark's uses. i can see this from
pictures of a local  setup using them.
also the linkage i had was from someone else. it had the arm welded on a
140 setup at an angle so far off it was not opening much more than halfway. i
am  rewelding it when i put the other carbs on. for now i have a stock  FC
linkage on it working good.
SO i would love  any pictures of successful air cleaner setups  used in
FC's.
my pictures when i get done (if i live long enough!) will be on  the
_www.nycorvair.com_ (http://www.nycorvair.com)   site with the rest  of my junk.
thanks , Tim Colson