[FC] FC Front Suspension

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Tue Jul 19 14:23:58 EDT 2011

Hello Chuck,

 From what I can tell, all of the suspension components other than the
center crossmember were the same 61-65.  There were, however, changes in
the steering linkage parts (I know that '65's were different) over the years.

I am aware of two crossmember designs for manual transmission FC's:

1st design 61-mid 63 had holes on the flange near the center for mounting
the shift lever lower pivot.  This crossmember will only fit the early
shift mechanism but can also used in  all years PG transmission FC's.

2nd design mid 63-65 with "through the tank" shifter have no provision for
mounting the shift rod but have a "dent" or relief stamped into the center
top for clearance of the shift rod.  You must have this crossmember or cut
a relief in a 1st design crossmember to use the late shift mechanism.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI