[FC] vapor lock

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed Jul 27 13:28:22 EDT 2011

Re: Vapor lock My old 110- 4 speed Monza would vapor lock if I stalled it when  starting from a stoplight after the motor was hot. Not long after that, I replaced the heads and I never had the issue again. Could leakage past the valve guides/valves be leaning out the mixture and causing your engine to run hotter than normal??  Possible air leakage past throttle plates in the carbs?? My two cents.Tim '61 Rampy 104 - 4