[FC] Genuine FC steel wheels.

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 18:04:13 EDT 2011

These rims were just sandblasted.  I can not find any markings around the valve
stems.  There is a GM mark on one of the bumps between the lug holes.  One the
adjacent bumps there is a 0 or O.  There are no other stampings anywhere on the
rims that I can find.

 They are 14x5 with 3.5 -3.625" backspacing.  They have the 3 bumps on the wheel
spider to use dogdish caps, AND the 4 nubs 90 degrees apart around the edge of
the wheel to attach full wheel covers.

From what I gather, standard FC hubcaps were painted and deluxe were chrome, but
IIRC you could get full wheel covers as an option, and those covers would have
been the same as either the full size car or the full size truck of the same
year.  Sound right?  If that's the case wouldn't 61 FC caps need the nubs?

Here is an ebay link to a wheel that is very similar to the ones I have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/59-60-61-Chevy-Original-Spare-Rim-Tire-14-Impala-/230503926602?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ab1acb4a

Thanks