[FC] possible coil issue

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Thu Jun 23 16:42:04 EDT 2011

OK, now I know what flap you mean, Andrew.  I have seen the little door in the shroud over by the oil cooler. This is a 1966 10 motor so it has the late car - style door and it is closed. When i removed the old coil the condenser was quite warm (replaced it as well) and the bolt attaching the coil - mounting ring to the engine was too hot to hold, but then it bolts right into the alumninum of the head so that is correct. I will run it down the road again soon and report.Tim