[FC] possible coil issue

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 23 16:57:18 EDT 2011

Tim,

Just to be certain - on LM shrouding, there is a hatch (inspection plate if
you will) to clean the oil cooler directly below the alternator.  There is
also - closer to the rear frame rail - the "summer winter" plate.  BOTH
should be closed in summer.  The SW plate ONLY gets opened for winter
driving.  In that case, you take out the screw - turn it over so that the
handle is on top - and screw it back on so that the actual plate is to the
left side of the opening.  This is just so that it does not get lost.

When is summer position, the handle on that plate will hold the left shroud
door slightly open.  This is normal.

Later, JR