[FC] Rampy issues

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 17:05:51 EDT 2011

>Then install a pertronix (or similar) and never look back.  (Carrying stock points plate setup for spare).

That almost sounds oxymoronic!  Why not just skip the failed electronics
step, install the stock points plate setup, and carry a spare condenser
(or two), a points file, some distributor cam lube, a small screwdriver,
and a timing or test light ...

And a spare fan belt and wrench, and a spare tire, jack, and lug wrench ...

Here is an interesting and perhaps educational version of one person's
take on Points Ignition Theory --
     http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/ignitiontext.htm#theory.

As an aside, I have found Standard's "Blue Streak" line of condensers to
come in a box labeled "Made in USA", meaning the condenser, I presume.

Bill Strickland