[FC] Intermittent engine turning itself off

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 25 23:08:03 EST 2011

Steve,

I suspect a wire that either shorts (probably) or completely looses contact
(possibly) somewhere as the engine warms up.  Could be a bad coil, but I
don't think so because 4 instances in 3 miles just does not sound like the
typical weak coil symptom.

Look at the wire going to the coil as it passes through the distributor.
Also look at the connections (and strands of wires) at the coil connections.
There might only be a couple of strands making contact just before the spade
connector.

Later, JR