[FC] Intermittent engine turning itself off

S M shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 26 22:12:32 EST 2011

Okay, now I'm confused. You say the engine stops, then automatically kicks back in???
Is the ignition cut, then restored while the engine is still turning? When I say the engine stops, I mean it stops turning. Is that what you mean?
In my confused state, I'm leaning towards a bad coil now too. I haven't had a Corvair act up like that in several years now so I forgot that when the big red wire in the engine harness connector loses contact EVERYTHING goes dead, GEN light and all, so it's not that. Sorry to lead you astray.
yea, Vairily... Shaun