[FC] anti-seize or loc-tite?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Oct 13 15:30:27 EDT 2011

It sounds like you're planning about what I do.  Blue Locktite will keep bolts in place, but you can break it loose easily with hand tools.  If you torque the bolts and use it, you really shouldn't need to worry about the paint being a problem, the bolt heads will just dig through the paint.

I put anti-sieze on everything else.  Lock washers generally go under the nuts.  I can't recall the exact reason, but I'm pretty sure that's the intended way to use them.

--Bryan