[FC] Problem after installing High Volume Blower Motor

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 12:01:53 EDT 2011

Paul,

Wouldn't running the power to the relay thru a key ignition source put the load (and heat) back on the ignition switch/fuse block/stock wiring.  Seems like it would, and the relay would only protect the fan switch.  Is this correct?

Rickie is correct: I meant the magnetic coil inside the relay. It appears that the ignition coil is somehow being supplied with voltage back thru the original wiring at the heater switch.  I've been been informed that I can put "quenching" diode in the relay circuit to keep the voltage from kicking back.  Until I can get that taken care of, I wonder what damage can be caused by shutting off the key without shutting off the fan?  Can it damage my ignition switch?  In the meantime, is it safe to assume that as long as the fan switch is off before the ignition key, that no harm will befall my ignition switch or any other component?

Thanks,
-Andrew

>But the coil he mentioned was the coil on the relay...not the ignition coil.

>I don't know much about relays and whether or not they have coils...I am
>just taking his wording at face value.

>Rickie Williams