[FC] Problem after installing High Volume Blower Motor

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 27 12:15:11 EDT 2011

The relay doesn't take much current to trigger it, and if you take a new 14
gauge wire from the fuse block on the fused side of the circuit to the
relay, it shouldn't cause an over load situation.  As to where you are
getting the 12 volts to run the fan you haven't mentioned, and this also
should be fused.  I would need a copy of the original wiring diagram that
you used to properly assess the whole set up. Without being in front of the
car and examining the connections, it is difficult to visualize the complete
situation.   As for the ignition switch, they are designed to handle the
load that GM designed into the car.  The only time that ignition switches
fail is with extreme age, or they are destroyed by an owner trying to remove
the key cylinder improperly.
Paul in CT