[FC] Faux West Coast Mirrors?

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 12:23:35 EDT 2011

I'm trying to identify the source of the mirrors on my truck.  They are "west coast style" but as far as I know they are not the factory "big" mirrors.  They do not match the drawings in the assembly manual.  I assume that they were some sort of JC Whitney part from way back when.   However the lower mounting brackets looks like it is contoured specifically for an FC.  I just noticed the other day that Paul Fox has the exact same mirrors on his Rampside.

Here are links to some pictures.

 http://s446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/whiskey_tango/?action=view&current=mirrors.jpg

http://s446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/whiskey_tango/?action=view&current=mirrors1.jpg

The mirrors actually work great, but I think they look kind of funny sitting so far forward.  They function very well though, I think because they are so far forward that the field of vison is improved over where the factory mirrors were.  I've been thinking of trying to find genuine west coat FC mirrors, but I'm afraid they'll be hard to see out of in my windowless Corvan.

How well do the factory mirrors work?  Any suggestions on an appropriate replacement?

Thanks!

Andrew Sego