[FC] front accelerator linkage

Steve Spilatro spilatrs at marietta.edu
Sun Sep 25 19:57:18 EDT 2011

The FC assembly manual shows the spring for the front accelerator (below the pedal), but not where it extends to. Could someone please explain where it should connect (somewhere on the front body panel I presume) or maybe send a photo.  I remember reading somewhere recently that the front spring should be stronger than the rear spring (on the carb linkage).  Clarks lists a short and a long ("early '61"); can anyone explain how to determine which one is correct on my '61 GB?
Thanks for any help.
Steve