[FC] front accelerator linkage

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 20:27:33 EDT 2011

 The front spring should be a pretty strong spring, almost clutch spring stiffness. If you look at the sheet metal above and forward of the accelerator linkage you will see a little relief in a sheet metal seam for the one end of the spring. The other end hooks on the linkage so that it pulls the gas pedal up.

The spring in the rear should be no more than the wimpy return spring you would suspect in any car.

I have seen people put a honker of a spring in the rear so the system will return and then they complain that the gas pedal is hard to push. YUP, that honker spring goes up front.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/