[FC] FC powertrain

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 06:24:49 EDT 2012

I have done this trick..and it does NOT work. even spacing the axles  out
@1/4 in on each side , you are stressing the outer races on your axle
bearings. This in addition to the speedo gear missing , makes it a not so hot
thing to do without more thought in the actual measurements of the axle
problem.  If you do it , then take a bearing apart after a few miles because it
does not  sound or feel right , you will see wear on the outer race and bearing
, none on  the inner. I wrote about this about 6 years ago with pictures of
all details  involved, before it got ugly. First thing that alerted me to a
problem , was  things binding up tight (as in axles not turning with force)
 when  tightening the axle flange nuts the last turn...then the fun began.
Regards, Tim Colson