[FC] <VV> Alternator Replacement

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Sun Apr 15 23:58:33 EDT 2012

On 4/9/2012 9:00 AM, corvanatics-request at corvair.org wrote:
> If you do this , use the rotor and field, with Corvair fan

We interrupt this programing for a minor technical correction -- in an
alternator which works by rotating the field amongst the stator
windings, da rotor an da field be the same thing -- check the archives
for recent discussions on this alternator conversion topic -- will keep
me from repeating all of it right here in this very same forum whence it
has appeared previously.  I know how to cut and paste, and I'm not
afraid to use it!

Use Google's advanced features to search this site for Werner --
http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/corvanatics/ -- if Tim's surname
doesn''t do it, try alternator, conversion, etc.

Sorry to be so late, but I just got my new power supply installed -- we
had two separate, simultaneous power pole incidents in the neighbor hood.

Sorta nice to have the internet down for a bit.  Actually got some work
done.

Bill Strickland