[FC] Corvanatics web site update

Steve Spilatro spilatrs at marietta.edu
Tue Apr 17 21:54:55 EDT 2012

News from the webmaster...
All available CorvanAntics newsletters have been scanned, converted to pdfs and posted - thanks to Bob Slusher and Hugh Fowler for providing newsletters. I've indicated on the Newsletter page which issues are missing; if you can provide any let me know. And the newsletter archive can be searched!  An index of the technical articles can been searched by key words, or a customized Google search box can be used to search the newsletters more exhaustively. As noted, OCR text recognition on the older scanned documents is imperfect, and odd spellings and characters will turn up.  Let me know if these are useful.

>From the About > Corvair 95s page are links to new pages on the Rampside (with nice pictures of Bob Slusher's rampy) and the Loadside (could use photos of a Loadside).  Will add a page on the Corvan -- could use pictures here also.

The "About" menu now has a link to an "other FCs" page which has descriptions and comparison of FC pickups of the 1960s: VW pickup, Willys FC-150, Ford Econoline, Dodge A100, and of course the Corvair 95's. I'm not aware of any other site that does this comparison.  Researching the specs was arduous, let me know if I got anything wrong.

On the Manuals page: A pdf of the full Gas Heater Service guide (Parts I and II) has been posted; you will find the pdf is an excellent reproduction.  As is the posted "Power Train Removal and Installation" guide.  Also posted is the 1971 Chevrolet Service News bulletin oil and fuel vapor leaks,exhaust system issues, etc, and repair of 95's inner panel sound insulation.

Finally, on the Brochures page check out the 1962 Chevy Truck Custom Features brochure.

Let me know of any typos (these readily slip by me) and problems.

Steve