[FC] Rampy work

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Aug 13 11:27:44 EDT 2012

Re Batt doorI keep a small piece of paint stir stick to prop my batt door open for things like attaching battery charger. ( Rampy can go a month without being driven). I would dearly love to have a "hold open" for the battery door, did not know Chevy had thought of this. Now where is my catalog? Re pass. door latch.I have not been able to get my passenger cab door to make the second "locked" click when closing it. (I had to remove both doors for body / rust damage repair.) Thus far by loosening the bolts that attach the hinges to the cab and moving the door back a small amt. and  tilted slightly inward at the top I can get it to latch by pressing very hard on the window frame after the initial click closed. More on the door adjustment later as I work on this. If I remove the latch and affix it to the door hardware and then close it,  it looks like the door is binding in the cab opening where i used fiberglass to repair the sheet metal over the wheel housing. Tricky business.Tim W 1961 Rampy