[FC] Rampy work

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 13 15:23:14 EDT 2012

Did you also install new rubber seals?
Later, JR

----- Original Message -----
From: <wern3 at juno.com>
To: <corvanatics at corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 10:27 AM
Subject: [FC] Rampy work

 Re pass. door latch.I have not been able to get my passenger cab door to
make the second "locked" click when closing it. (I had to remove both doors
for body / rust damage repair.) Thus far by loosening the bolts that attach
the hinges to the cab and moving the door back a small amt. and  tilted
slightly inward at the top I can get it to latch by pressing very hard on
the window frame after the initial click closed. More on the door adjustment
later as I work on this. If I remove the latch and affix it to the door
hardware and then close it,  it looks like the door is binding in the cab
opening where i used fiberglass to repair the sheet metal over the wheel
housing. Tricky business.T