[FC] <VV> CORVAIR & FC AM RADIO SIZE

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 13:01:20 EST 2012

My bad memory says the pushbutton and manual  AM radios were the same
depth (without looking) , BUT the "better" radios with higher audio output power
 ( DS501 transistor on outside heatsink) took more space because the
transistor  needed more heat sink area. the correct Corvair radios and other
smaller GM  cars without much cloth or space , all had a DS501 transistor inside
the  case. One was @2 watts  other was >5 watts audio out into an eight ohm
load (speaker).  I think ALL manual tune GM radios of that era had the
smaller audio transistor. Somewhere in my mess here I have All the GM radio
info  , including engineering bulletins from the 50's until 77 when I retired
from  that large shop in Syracuse. A huge amount of GM radios and
speedometers  went all over the country with my initials on a yellow company sticker on
 the side of them.
Regards, Tim Colson