[FC] Powering accessories

Danny Davis dannydavis at clearwire.net
Sun Dec 16 12:38:32 EST 2012

Kevin,
Welcome to the wonderful world of electrons!  You should get a tool to
measure voltage.  Digital multi-meters are very inexpensive these days.  A
simple test light will take care of most measuring you need to do.
The Panel connections are connected to the dimmer switch of the headlight
switch.  It varies the voltage to control the brightness of lamps in the
gauges.  Great for adding illumination to your accessory gauges.  A test
lamp will vary brightness when probing that connector and the light dimmer
is turned.
Wire sizes are inverse to the number.  16 ga. is larger than 18 ga. so it
will carry more current (load) so you are fine on the wire size.

Dan

--
Danny Davis
Seattle