[FC] FC carryover parts to '64-66 Chevy vans?

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Sat Dec 22 16:29:44 EST 2012

Hello-

A  fellow vanner on a vintage van site recently asked me what parts are
transferable between Corvair FCs and the earliest Chevy vans. I came up
with at least steering wheels, horn buttons, dash clusters, glove box
doors, door handles (exterior and interior and gaskets for such), vent
window handles, turn signal levers, and interior window cranks. Also
hubcaps.

I know Clark's has reproduced much of this. I would like to give the
Chevy/GMC van guys info for another parts source for their vans.  GM
"borrowed" lots of our FC parts in order to bring out the Chevy van in
1964 with extreme economy. Question is- how much was borrowed?

This thread would not correlate to the 1968 GMC van Pete Koehler
recently talked about on the Corvair Forums. GM totally redesigned the
Chevy and GMC vans for 1967 and the common shared parts mentioned above
were no longer used.