[FC] FC carryover parts to '64-66 Chevy vans?

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Dec 23 17:56:53 EST 2012

At 16:29 12/22/2012 -0500, Ben and Lynn Stiles wrote:
>Hello-
>
>A  fellow vanner on a vintage van site recently asked me what parts are
>transferable between Corvair FCs and the earliest Chevy vans. I came up
>with at least steering wheels, horn buttons, dash clusters, glove box
>doors, door handles (exterior and interior and gaskets for such), vent
>window handles, turn signal levers, and interior window cranks. Also
>hubcaps.

Since the FC dash that was carried over to the 64-66 Chevy Van used a 0-30
ohm fuel sender, I would be curious if the same fuel tank sender assembly
was also carried over.  The Chevy Van kept the 0-30 ohm gas gauge system as
a lone hold out through 65-66, whereas the rest of the Chevrolet line
switched to the 0-90 ohm system starting in 1965.

How about dome lights?

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI