[FC] Valuing a 65

rod murray rmurray8996 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:57:41 EST 2012

Hi al,

Couple thoughts...1 u r describing a better than good condition fc...2 u
have a desirable hard to find 65 fc - only 1,500ish made.  1Q 2011 NADA
classic car book lists a 61 greenbrier avg/hi value between $11 - 27K, and
lists 64 rampy avg/hi value between $18.5-31K!  Nothing listed for 65
greenbrier, but u get the idea.  These figures are supposedly based on
actual vehicle sales,and reflect significant jump in value from 4Q 2005
NADA.  Certainly appreciating much better than non-fc corvairs (including
my 66 convt).

Ultimately, your vans value is based on what someone is willing to pay and
what u r willing to accept.  Sell if u must, but I sure wouldn't give it
away.  IMO, an fc sitting in a garage in pieces (ahem, like mine at the
moment) is a heck of a lot better investment than any bank cd - these
things are climbing in value.

Good luck, rod
WPCC
64 greenbrier...in pieces...in my garage...

--
Rod
*"Reloaded in da 'burgh"*