[FC] Momentary wiper switch

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 09:22:13 EST 2012

Dear Corvair Electrical Guru's,

I'd like to add some sort of momentary feature to my wipers.  I do not have a windshield washer on the van.  What I am thinking is using a two speed wiper switch from a car and using the washer button for the momentary switch.  IIRC when you press the wiper washer button it turns on the wipers and pumps the fluid thru the nozzle, but you have to manually turn the switch back off.  Is this correct?  If so I'll need to figure out how to modify the switch to cycle the wipers only once when pressed.

Does anyone had an experience doing something like this?  Would it be easier to add an aftermarket momentary switch under the edge of the dash?

And finally, were windshield washer equipped FC's available with 2 speed wipers or were they single speed?

Thanks,
Andrew Sego