[FC] Turbo identification

Marty Scarr martyscarr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:48:07 EDT 2012

Bill is, of course, correct that a visual inspection would be needed
to verify that the parts are correct for the turbine and compressor.
But in my experience, the mismatching of turbo parts is much less than
the jumbling of engine parts:  Crank, case and heads mixed up to form
a non-factory combo.

Reminds me of the time a turbo owner complained "I can't get no boost"
and I had him try a good turbo to install.  When I got his old one
back in exchange, it was a -6709 with an early (much smaller) turbine
in the late housing - yup, no boost.

Back to FC talk :)

Marty Scarr