[FC] dash

Steven R. Spilatro spilatrs at marietta.edu
Wed Jul 18 17:28:40 EDT 2012

Tim,
Thanks for the info.  Ironically, plan A was to finish with the
Rustoleum profession high performance enamel in the "stainless steel"
color, which I've used on other metal hardware parts, which sounds
very similar to what you used. I'm also planning to clean and restore
the inside as much as possible.  Bob Slusher indicated that a flat
silver was the standard color, and I haven't yet ruled that out. In
lieu of a replacement plate, I'm thinking of the stainless steel
color on the glove box door rim and silver for the faceplate.
Thanks for the info.

At 12:45 PM 7/18/2012, you wrote:
>Hi Steve
>I removed and renovated the dash cluster from my '61 Rampy 5 years ago.
>I sanded it primed it and then painted it with dark granite metallic
>from Lowes. ( rustoleum?) ( rattle can) See pic.
>I also cleaned and polished the plastic face plate and replaced all
>the tiny bulbs that light up the dash at night as well as the turn
>signal bulbs etc.
>The whole clutser comes out with just two screws in the top front .
>As usual the tough one is the light switch. I taped a dime to my
>index finger which allowed me to press the top button down hard
>enough on the back side of the switch to get it out. I painted the
>top of the dash at the same time with the same color, as I had
>removed the windshield at the time.
>I polished the aluminum instruemnt panel faceplate with "silvo" and
>a cotton wheel on my dremel drill.
>If you can find a gloveboox door from an early Corvair TURBO car,
>the aluminum faceplate for that fits the truck glovebox door.
>The shiny faceplate on my radio is cut from the backside of a "No
>parking" sign I bought at agarage sale for $1.00
>Have fun!
>Tim

><http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5006e88bece69688b790dst54vuc>53
>Year Old Mom Looks 33
><http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5006e88bece69688b790dst54vuc>The
>Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried
><http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5006e88bece69688b790dst54vuc>consumerproducts.com

Dr. Steven R. Spilatro
Department of Biology and Environmental Science
Marietta College