[FC] dash

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed Jul 18 12:45:33 EDT 2012

Hi SteveI removed and renovated the dash cluster from my '61 Rampy 5 years ago. I sanded it primed it and then painted it with dark granite metallic from Lowes. ( rustoleum?) ( rattle can) See pic. I also cleaned and polished the plastic face plate and replaced all the tiny bulbs that light up the dash at night as well as the turn signal bulbs etc. The whole clutser comes out with just two screws in the top front . As usual the tough one is the light switch. I taped a dime to my index finger which allowed me to press the top button down hard enough on the back side of the switch to get it out. I painted the top of the dash at the same time with the same color, as I had removed the windshield at the time. I polished the aluminum instruemnt panel faceplate with "silvo" and a cotton wheel on my dremel drill. If you can find a gloveboox door from an early Corvair TURBO car, the aluminum faceplate for that fits the truck glovebox door. The shiny faceplate on my radio is cut from the backside of a "No parking" sign I bought at agarage sale for $1.00 Have fun!Tim
Look Young in 17 Seconds
Doctor Reveals Lazy Way To Look Up To 15 Years Younger in 17 Seconds
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5006e88bee9e7688b48eest52vuc