[FC] back up lamps

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Jun 18 14:11:53 EDT 2012

I have successfully installed and tested the "new" 1969  Karmann Ghia backup lights under rampys bumper. In conductivity tests i have power from the fusebox to the B/up switch,  and power to the lamps from the backup light switch. The lamps, however,  do NOT light up when shifted into "R". If I remove the switch will I have to plug up the hole or else drain the transmission? Tim w '61 Rampy 140 4 spd