[FC] emblems

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Fri Jun 22 12:57:55 EDT 2012

Paul:.. To attach the emblems I tried using  the clear two part epoxy by permatex which is used heavily at our house for repairs, but that gets brittle. I now use a tube of the clear "30 year" silicone by Dow, and clamp with mild pressure,-( don't want to force out all the glue) over night. Good results and when i do wax or wash the surface my rag doesn't get caught under the emblem edges as much. If there is some extra bulge it can easily be trimmed away once it has set  with a single edge  razor blade if you are careful.Tim W