[FC] no clutch

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Jun 26 12:40:32 EDT 2012

Bills advice is spot on. I drove a 1975 Fiat 124 from Saint Clair Shores, Mich all the home to Nottingham in Detroit (on Mack Avenue was it?) with no clutch. The only thing different for me was that I had my whole family in the car at the time, and one time I had to make a sudden right turn into a neighborhood to avoid stopping at a red light, went around the block always turning right, and then "coasted" through a stop sign to get back onto Mack. As I approached traffic lights, i would either downshift to first and crawl toward an intersection as I waited for the light to change or else accelerate like mad if I thought it was going to be close to changing. Does anybody want to hear how I drove my current car to the mechanics shop with no brakes?Tim W