[FC] how it happened

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Jun 26 12:47:46 EDT 2012

I hate to go on and on when it is not Corvair related but forgot to say how the clutch failed in my Fiat. The good folks in Italy took the top of the clutch pedal and formed it into a fork by cutting a slot into the sheet metal material, and rolling it into a half circle like two fingers holding a baseball. A steel ball swaged onto the clutch cable fit between the fork. One of the "fingers"  on the fork simply failed due to metal fatigue. I fixed it by taking the pieces to a welding shop, they rewelded it, and then I replaced the same part in the car and it never gave trouble after that.Tim W