[FC] backup lamp question

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon May 14 20:26:27 EDT 2012

 OK, the back up lights need to be wired in this manner; find a power lead that is fused and only on with the key in the run position. This power lead will go to one contact on the bulbs you are using. The other wire will then go to the back up switch and the other lead from the switch will go to ground.

In this manner if anything happens all you will do is blow a fuse or the lights will stay on all the time. And, they may even work!

The back up light switch should be in the ground circuit not the power circuit.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/