[FC] Building The Ultimate Rampside Engine Useing a 1964 Fc block

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed May 16 18:24:09 EDT 2012

Eddie,

3.55 gears for sure.
.060 over or VW cyl at 92 or even 94 mm (94's have thinner walls).
Rebuilt Corvair rods should be sufficient.
Cam sounds ok to me.
Heads. Be careful with 110 heads and too high a cr for 87 octane fuel. I
would mill off piston top a bit on side opposite valves. Leave squish area
tight.
140 cranks that are reground are same as 110s..All LM cranks are forged.
Ted Brown's FI system is sold by Clarks. Demonstrated at Performance
Workshop in Indy this past March. Works fine. All inclusive kit with all
nuts and bolts etc. to convert.
Mustang roller rockers; Some say they work fine. Others say since holes are
in wrong positions for optimum oiling in a horizontal engine, you may have
problems. Also, slot needs re-working.
Not sure you need a new crank gear if old one is serviceable.. It works
against an aluminum gear.

Chuck S