[FC] Building The Ultimate Rampside Engine Useing a 1964 Fc block

eddie iglar matchlessmo at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 16:33:58 EDT 2012

Calling all Engine guys! I am in the planing stages of building my rampside motor for my 63 rampside with powerglide and 3.55 gears or 3.27 not sure yet. I need input for my engine rebuild ! Everything new,and will run off regular gas 87 octang!looking for ultimate reliability, and if i am missing something please let me know since i am a pure rookie when it comes to engines and corvairs period! Here is a preview of my wish list !Thks

1= new clarks full fin cylinders 60 over

2= forged pistons 60 over,chrome molly rings and either new forged rods or rebuilt corvair rods!

3= crane 270 cam off set 4 degrees

4= 65 110 heads completely rebuilt new valve sets and new vlave
guides,stainless valves, nylon seals. copper gaskets

5= fail safe gear

6= 140 crankshaft or 110 crankshaft that i had reground 30 over. not sure yet

7= fuel injection maybe, looking at tedbrown kit when he gets it done

8= Clarks Late model Aluninum hub bearing or billet cartridge fan bearing hub

9= Clarks new harmonic balancer not rebuilt one C9871A

10= 302 mustang roller rockers only no mod needed! summit racing

11= Clarks perormance valve springs c8619 plus steel retainers C8621

12= Clarks deep oil pan with high performance oil pickup

13= Clarks valve covers 6 hole not 4 hole.

14= Clarks new steel crank gear C7886XP