[FC] FC overload springs Revisited ... anyone?

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Tue May 22 23:21:52 EDT 2012

Hello Doug,

 From what I can tell this might work somewhat as an overload spring but I
think it is actually a type of camber compensator.  Rather than being a
cross leaf spring that pivots in the middle, these are short leafs that
bolt to the frame rail and "limit" the rebound (droop) of the
A-arms.  These essentially create a progressive spring rate that is reduced
on rebound and increased in jounce.  I am not sure how well they work, however.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI