[FC] In-tank fuel pump

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Wed Nov 7 16:52:41 EST 2012

It's not just a matter of pressure alone but rather at what kind of flow can that pressure be maintained.

Another way to think about it is mileage. What do you get for MPG? Let's say 17 MPG @ 60 MPH. That is a mile a minute so it would take you 17 minutes to burn a gallon of gasoline. I don't recall what the heater burns an hour but the above will give you an idea of the volume that you use.

A simple test would be to get a couple of gas cans with your electric pump hooked up with a valve and a gauge just to see how fast you can pump and still maintain your 3 PSI. I bet it is way over what you would ever use in a Corvair.

The only other concern would be the gas heater regulator, what does it take to get it to unseat?

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/