[FC] In-tank fuel pump

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Wed Nov 7 18:28:33 EST 2012

The Corvair gasoline heater is rated at one quart of fuel per hour to
produce a heat output of 30,000 btu.    Because of the high temperature
limit switch, the heater will not operate on a grater than a 70 % duty
cycle even at temperatures of zero degrees F.   Assuming one was driving
60 mph and getting 20 mph that would equate to a 2.3 mpg decrease.  I
find the use of the gasoline heater in the Rampside at ambient around 20
degrees F will drop the highway mileage by 1.5 mpg and about 2 mpg
around town.
Jim Davis