[FC] Chevy orange valve covers

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Mon Sep 17 10:00:01 EDT 2012

During my search for more information I found this post on the Corvair Forum:
"Re: Does anyone have pictures of the Corvair engine undressed
Posted by: bill darcy ()
Date: March 06, 2012 05:54PM

I've never seen an entire Corvair engine orange only HB and valve covers.Was discussing this very thing with Pat Hall recently as he has at least 4 engines that he's pulled out that had orange paint as mentioned.From what we could determine it appears to be 64 engines but couldn't find any pattern and we were thinking that perhaps it was just a matter of some getting painted with small block stuff and just used that way.Seems reasonable that Chevy would paint tin parts in batches and maybe someone just didn't notice that some were Vair parts."

Both the engines I found were '64s . . .  So people only painted their valve covers orange on their '64s?  Despite my high respect for lclc I still consider the question open for further investigation. Thanks for all the responses.

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS