[FC] motor options

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 21:42:49 EDT 2012

IMHO, Ben, I think a modern, transversely mounted Ecotec 2.0L Turbo engine
and transaxle would be ideal. Yes, you have to plumb water and a radiator.
Yes, it is EFI and that probably means aftermarket EFI as computers on most
new cars are interconected - there are often more than one computer in a
car. I believe Frank Parker said the Cadillac had four..

Another alternative might be a VW Diesel also transversely mounted.

Modern GM V6's are Direct injection (some or all?) allowing them to get
excellent mileage and provide significant torque.. Some are transverse, I
believe. With a transaxle.

If you want to stay lower profile, a Subie would do. I know it will fit a
Late Model but unsure of rail separation in an FC.

Just some ideas.

Chuck S
64 FC project.