[FC] motor options

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 07:10:31 EDT 2012

Great ideas, Chuck. I thought I was going to get thrown out of the club
just for asking. Some others recommended the Subaru motor as well. Low
profile would be a consideration- I don't want to completely change the
interior of the van. Would still like to use it as a camper every once
in a while.

I am looking to get enough reliable power and torque to tow a 17' long
3000 lb trailer reliably. Actually, the Corvair motor can pull it. I
just don't want to over-stress it. Like I said, I am getting tired of
the practical limitations of air cooling. I need something that will go
regardless of outside air temperature, etc.

I know most will argue that a properly tuned and maintained Corvair
motor will be fine tooling around in 110 degree heat- but you still have
to be more careful.

Thanks!  Ben