[FC] motor options

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 21:48:00 EDT 2012

 How about a Subaru engine?

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben and Lynn Stiles <lbstiles at verizon.net>
To: corvanatics <corvanatics at corvair.org>
Sent: Mon, Sep 17, 2012 9:23 pm
Subject: [FC] motor options

I have recently been kicking around just the thought of putting a
non-Corvair motor in an FC. I would like more power to tow a bigger
trailer and I would like to lose the limitations of air cooling.

I know and have seen mid engine V-8 cars numerous times. I have seen a
Rampside with a V-8 engine amidships. I also know that a few of the
latest Ultravans had Buick motors. I am going to be checking out a
Pontiac engine swap in a late model Corvair car soon. I know those
applications can be done, but can a water cooled engine be placed in the
engine compartment of an FC van allowing one to retain the original
cargo/passenger carrying ability?

Has anyone attempted this? Options for motors that will "fit?" (I use
that term loosely- I know major mods would have to be made).