[FC] motor options

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 15:38:07 EDT 2012

Mr. Marlow- it is nice to hear from you as always.

Of course the Jeep Grand Cherokee will tow the Airstream just fine. We
can go camping...it's just that it is so boring. And tiny. Compared to
the Greenbrier's interior space, it is just plain awful. Once we get the
double stroller in behind the rear seat, no more can fit. And with two
car seats, the rear passenger seat is full. Wasteful design. (Our new
baby, Cora, is just about 3 weeks old).

What I really want to do is sell the Rampside and get a '67-'69 Chevy
van with a 108" wheel base and a 283 or 307 motor with Powerglide
transmission. Now that would be cool! Problem is that Lynn will not let
me sell the Ramspside and I don't have time, space, or money for a fifth
vehicle.

So, I am investigating options to convert the Greenbrier to a more
powerful machine. Which may never happen. But it might- and I thought I
would see what ideas there were floating around out there. Seems there
are some good ones among the membership.

I am just glad I am not the only one who ever thought of it.

Cheers!

Ben