[FC] Update & request -Commercial FC's

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 16:35:02 EDT 2012

Howdy, All,

I have been beginning to compile info on the paint codes of Commercial vehicles purchased by folks like Bell Telephone, Navy, AF etc. As far as I know, most were vans, often panel vans with windows on the passenger side and none on the drivers side - for example, Bell Tel.

I am interested in a couple of things.

First, the Paint Code listed under the dash on a commercial FC. Usually it is a "SPEC." code. If you have an FC with a "SPEC." code, please email me. There are some that have a paint code yet were a known commercial vehicle. If you have one, please let me know. Ambulance, for example.

Second. Original color, often found under mirrors, door jambs, inside engine access door, etc.

We have been chasing down Commercial/Industrial paint codes for Corvair vehicles that were probably fleet purchased or purchased and either re-painted or used as is for public or large company commercial purposes. So far, we aren't interested in Joe's Farm Mart, or the local florist's vehicle.

Any info on paint codes for commercial or industrial accounts of that era, I would be interested in. There are some listings on the Internet. It appears there may have been regional codes, like Bell South for example having a different code than the Northwest. The Forest Service changed colors in the later 60's. You recall Bell went to a lighter green with blue and gold stripe (called some other colors by Bell), in the early 70's I believe.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck Sadek
540 273 5544