[FC] more on the electrical thing

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Sat Apr 13 09:51:13 EDT 2013

I removed the instrument cluster and traced the wires from the wiper motor back to the splice just behind the speedometer. It turns out that the burned wire was originally  gray. There was about 3 inches of the insulation undamaged and so i replaced the burnt - out section and solder the new wire onto the two prong connector plug. Next i will remove the wiper motor and conduct some tests on it on the bench, and also test the new section of wire for cunductivity. While searching through the wires behind the dash, I discovered that the two - prong plug for the dome light had become disconnected so that mystery has been solved. Tim W '61 Rampy.PS I noted as I look at the published wiring diagram that the various colors of the wires that operate the wiper and the dome light do not correspond to the colors in my shop manual diagram. Interesting.