[FC] windshield wipers progress

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Fri Apr 19 08:37:32 EDT 2013

Re "dead" Windshield wipers: Quick recapAfter finding the "hot" ( brown) wire to the two prong plug attached to the wiper motor all melted, I traced the ruined wire back to where it was spliced into the harness and replaced it. I tested the motor using a jumper wire from the new "hot" terminal to one post on the motor and then grounded the other post to the frame. The motor works fine. Then I traced the red wire from its post on the wiper motor back through the harness to find that a plastic "male" spade connector that has been somehow ( me rooting around back there?) disconnected from it's connection. It does not attach to the switch because that two prong post with it unique connector is undisturbed.The wiring diagram for Rampy shows that this red wire connectes to a red 18 - gauge wire from the switch, but on my switch both wires are brown one dark and one light brown/tan. It started to rain so I am waiting for the weekend to trace this connection down further.Thanks to all for your help and suggestions so far.Tim W