[FC] windshield wipers progress

Danny Davis dannydavis at clearwire.net
Fri Apr 19 12:45:51 EDT 2013

Single speed wipers should have one connection on the wiper switch.  It
activates the ground on the motor to allow it to operate thru each cycle.
The wiper motor has two terminals one on the same side as the motor is the
wire that goes to the switch.
The other wire is +12v. from the ignition switch.  If it is the Brown wire
on yours look for a splice where it connects to dark Green near the
connector for the instrument panel connector.

It is illustrated in figure 8-79 of the 1961 shop manual available on the
Corvanatics website archive:
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/corvanatics/files/documents/manuals/shop61/8-elctSys-61.pdf#nameddest=Corvair95
use the scroll on the right side to go to pg 43 of the document to find it.
Further down is a very complete discussion of the wiper system.

Dan

--
Danny Davis
Seattle