[FC] Fuel hose

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Wed Jul 3 19:43:45 EDT 2013

Greetings FCers,

I have been having trouble with the Greenbrier running fine then acting
like it is running out of gas, obviously losing power, pinging a good
bit, then returning to normal...so far.

I have been advised to check the "stone" fuel filters in the carbs. This
is a procedure I have tackled before and sounds like a good idea.

I have also been advised that air entering the mix up at the fuel hose
directly from the tank could be a good culprit as well (due to a faulty
hose). Do I need to drop the tank to replace that fuel hose? If not,
where does it come off of the tank? (I can see the rear connection where
hose meets fuel line and goes back to the rear of the van).

Thanks very much. I am hoping to get things squared away here soon.

Ben